Re: New article for REVIEW: Changing page encoding to UTF-8

This is comment for related document, but not exactly the one you point
out.

1. Can you change the example in
http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTTP-charset

from

The line in the HTTP header typically looks like this:

The line in the HTTP header typically looks like this:

I know it is just an example in a different page, but some dump person
sometime just like to copy code from example. And I think it is nice to
let those dummer to copy UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859-1 even either of them
are bad choice to hard code.

2. Also, in http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTTP-charset
"For Java Servlets, use the setContentType  method on the
ServletResponse before obtaining any object (Stream or Writer) used for
output, e.g.:
resource.setContentType ("text/html;charset=utf-8");
If you use a Writer, the Servlet automatically takes care of the
conversion from Java Strings to the encoding selected."

I think this infor is only recommend for the use of J2EE 1.3. The J2EE
1.4 change it by adding the setCharacterEncoding(java.lang.String)  method.

in 1.4 version of J2EE ServletResponse document
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/servlet/ServletResponse.html
"The charset for the MIME body response can be specified explicitly
using the setCharacterEncoding(java.lang.String) and
setContentType(java.lang.String) methods, or implicitly using the
setLocale(java.util.Locale) method. Explicit specifications take
precedence over implicit specifications. If no charset is specified,
ISO-8859-1 will be used. The setCharacterEncoding, setContentType, or
setLocale method must be called before getWriter and before committing
the response for the character encoding to be used."

You should mention the  setCharacterEncoding(java.lang.String) there for
J2EE 1.4.