RE: Bidi Markup vs Unicode control characters

A couple of potential points that spring to mind for now until I have time
to think this through in more detail:

[1] We should clarify that the issue here is for the constructs that set
embedding levels - not the RLM and LRM, where the use of Unicode rather than
markup is recommended (although these may sometimes be escaped, for
visibility).

[2] Will people be able to easily manage the scope and presence/absence of
such invisible characters easily.

[3] How do you manage inheritance elegantly using this approach.  There are
two issues here: a) whether you can replace, say, <html dir="rtl"...> or
whether people can tell where these things are easily enough to manage them
effectively.

RI

Richard Ishida
W3C