Re: New FAQ for review: Using <select> to Link to Localized Content

Hi,
A disadvantage not mentioned in the FAQ is search indexing.

A page may link to many translations/regional sites via the <select>
list. However the selected value must first be processed by some
javascript or cgi script etc - right?

Such scripts are not 'indexable' by search engines, and so search
engines might never find translated content if that is the only way to
which it can be navigated.

Also, upon first reading, I found the use of the word 'form', in the
first paragraph of the answer, a little confusing. I was confusing the
HTML tag <form> with your use of 'form'. Might others think the same?

thanks,

-mm