RE: IDN - RTL

But there are company names like 1-800-FLOWERS (1800flowers.com) or
call4flowers or A1CarRepair or 71SaintPeter (a local restaurant).
I see common use of Roman numbers in non-last positions within alphabetic
contexts (especially company and service tradenames) in all European
languages, Japanese, Arabic & Hebrew.
   How can you design a policy that would allow these (or other legitimate
usage) yet preclude paypa1.com or goog1e.com (both contain ones rather than
ells) or more clever mappings of symbols or dingbats or foreign scripts.
(There is no codepoint-based method to disambiguate most latin-1 based
central-european languages, for example.)

This whole effort appears to be futile, I don't think any policy you
establish will completely protect against spoofing.

At 2005.02.20-05:04(+0200), Jony Rosenne wrote:

> [...]

---Steve Deach
    sdeach@adobe.com