From: www-international-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-international-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Matitiahu Allouche
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 3:10 PM
To: Jony Rosenne
Cc: www-international@w3.org; www-international-request@w3.org
Subject: RE: IDN - RTL

An example of major problem could be the logical string "www.ALEF5.123.il"
which would be displayed "www.5.123FELA.il", which is quite confusing, and
subject to several interpretations.

Shalom (Regards),  Mati
          Bidi Architect
          Globalization Center Of Competency - Bidirectional Scripts
          IBM Israel
          Phone: +972 2 5888802    Fax: +972 2 5870333    Mobile: +972 52
2554160

"Jony Rosenne" <rosennej@qsm.co.il>
Sent by: www-international-request@w3.org

18/02/2005 14:05

<www-international@w3.org>

cc

Subject
RE: IDN - RTL

The restriction is too restrictive and unrealistic from the point of view of
RTL users.

It is certain that not allowing these names will cause problems.

I would like to see strong evidence that a string like аму1 or
<http://www.аму1.il/> www.аму1.il causes a major problem.

Jony