From: Martin Duerst [mailto:duerst@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 1:35 AM
To: Krall, Gary; 'Chris Lilley'; Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
Cc: www-international@w3.org
Subject: RE: IRI and IDN in RDF

At 03:45 05/01/08, Krall, Gary wrote:

 >Chris:
 >
 >Just for clarification does your answer imply that an RSS reader would
need
 >to support IDNA to make this work?

If it does resolve IRIs, which I guess most RSS readers do, then yes.
Otherwise no. RDF as such does not require resolution, and therefore
does not require IDNA support.

IDNA support is available in libraries (e.g. libidn or idnkit)
that can easily be integrated into other software (but are a bit
bulky because of the tables needed).

Regards,    Martin.