From: Misha.Wolf [mailto:Misha.Wolf@reuters.com]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 8:15 AM
To: ishida; mark.davis; www-international
Subject: RE: Globalization

Some words have a spectrum (ie a continuum) of meanings, others have
a number of quite distinct meanings.  Globalization is one of the
latter.  In any definition of Globalization, one should, IMHO, write
something like:

   In the sphere of Economics and Trade, Globalization means ...

   In the sphere of Computing, Globalization means ...

Misha Wolf
Standards Manager
Product and Platform Architecture Group
Reuters