Re: a few problems in O-charset-lang.html

A search by yahoo! of "O-charset-lang" brings up 4450 references to the link.

As it is being cited as a reference, rather than remove the content we should
improve the content of the page.
We should still recommend utf-8, but help people understand which encoding
conversions they may need to provide support for, to enable legacy data to be
moved to utf-8.
Also, point out some difficulties of conversion for certain of the encodings,
as Murata-san's document
"XML Japanese Profile" does for Japanese encodings
(http://www.w3.org/TR/japanese-xml/)

tex

KUROSAKA Teruhiko wrote:

> I have reached this page from MacroMedia's ColdFusion
> internationalization web publication.  There may be other
> external web sites that are referencing this page.
>
> Thank you for taking actions quickly.
>
> > I'm wondering whether we shouldn't remove all other content from the page.
> >
> > Note that we no longer intentionally link to this document from the
> > International site.
> --
> KUROSAKA ("Kuro") Teruhiko, San Francisco, California, USA
> Internationalization Consultant
> http://www.bhlab.com/

Making e-Business Work Around the World