Re: JSP page directive contentType overriden by Apache tomcat?

Jungshik Shin wrote:

> A. Vine wrote:
>> This article may help:
>> http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Intl/MultilingualJSP/

> different places so that I think I have to emply a work-around
> mentioned in the document above which is flushing the response buffer
> after setting 'charset' explicitly but before any use of JSTL that may
> implicitly reset charset.  Hopefully, custom-filters are not in
> action...

That work-around (freezing 'charset' in C-T header before JSTL changes
it) worked for me with Tomcat 4.1.30. I flushed the buffer (with
'out.flush()') after writting the 'DOCTYPE' declaration but before
any use of JSTL.

KUROSAKA Teruhiko wrote:

> are encoded in UTF-8, then a quick fix would be to add
> META header in each JSP:

Thanks for the reply.  'Content-Type' header in HTTP header has a higher
precedence that the meta tag so that it doesn't solve my problem arising
from  the incorrect C-T header. Btw, I had that meta tag from the very
beginning.

Once again, thanks all for help.

Jungshik