Re: faq suggestions

It would be more relevant if there was a breakdown of those statistics by
country.

I question (without having looked very deep) whether those stats truly reflect
a worldwide average.
Further, a worldwide average is meaningless and it makes more sense to look at
the particular country markets or vertical markets that your web site is
targeting.

If your web pages are all in Hindi, Arabic, or Inuktitut, (or plug in any other
language) will your average viewer be using monitors that reflect the published
average?

Or if your web site is designed for a worker in a warehouse vs. ferarri buyers,
will the resolutions likely differ?

And in any event, what is preventing the pages from looking good at higher
resolutions?

But I agree with Masayasu, that unless this bears on international aspects of
the question, it is best discussed elsewhere.

tex

Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:

> "Megan McDonald" <megan.mcdonald@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I would like to know what the current trend in screen resolution size is
> > when developing a website.
> >
> > I have been designing websites that are good for 1024X768. (And 800X600)
> > I have a client that wants it to also look good at 1280X1024 do we know
> > what sort of percentage of people are using this high resolution?
> >
> > Have you got some current statistics on this issue?
>
> See e.g. http://www.onestat.com/html/aboutus_pressbox31.html
>
> I don't think this is an appropriate topic for Web Internationalization
> FAQ, however.
>
> --
> Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
> W3C - World Wide Web Consortium