Re: Preferred font styles

Dear Jungshik,
e-Greetings,

I do not recommend using the deprecated "<font>" tag to markup your Persian
web pages.

Just to say, I answered your questions in a global scope, I guess/know that
many people have such questions.

So, as this e-mail and the old one, are begin archived in W3C website, many
people will read them.

I tried to help them also. Even to help those people who are not familiar
with CSS; The beginners who they only know FrontPage or such WYSIWYG
software which generate <font> tags.

I said "you **may** use something like this in HTML". I didn't say "I
recommend you to use", ok?

However, I highly recommend the CSS syntax I told you.
I'm glad that you have a well knowledge over CSS and XHTML :-)
Anyway...

Not even the 'Nesf2', 'Nesf' do not exist in the Linux platform, but even
'Tahoma' is not supported on these platforms.

But many of Iranians use Windows while surfing on web. I say again, the most
popular font is 'Tahoma' and the most popular platform is 'Windows'.

What about Linux and Mac users?
The 'sans-serif' font family help them to read the Persian content.

What about Nesf?
It's a Unicode font, developed by Iranians, especially to publish Persian
content on web. Iranian Linux users, usually download this font. It is
available at http://wwww.FarsiWeb.net website.

"Tahoma, Nesf2, Nesf, Arial, Helvetica, sans serif;" is the best font-face
list to create a cross-platform Persian content; I tested this using
http://www.BrowserCam.com services.

Warm regards,
AmirBehzad Eslami

P.S.
To see a complete list of fonts available in Windows, type the program name
"Charmap" in the 'Run' dialog @ your [Start] button.