From: www-international-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-international-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of souravm (by way of
Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>)
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 12:17 PM
To: www-international@w3.org
Subject: Query on Encoding supporting Roman numbers, Circled numbers in
Japanese strings

Hi All,

I've a simple application which accepts Japanese string from a HTML form
and then show the same string in the response page.

Now if I enter Roman characters like I, II, etc and Circled numbers like
$B-!!"-"(B etc as a part of Japanese string, the string is properly shown back
in response page when the encoding used is UTF-8. However, the same thing
does not work in case of EUC_JP, Shift_JIS and ISO-2022-JP as encoding.

I believe these characters are not supported in EUC_JP, Shift_JIS and
ISO-2022_jp. Can anyone please confirm it ?

Regards,
Sourav