RE: [i18n-html-tech] some comments

Thanks Ian,

However, Bert's comment may yet turn out useful, since I seem to
remember that Netscape? couldn't handle hex NCRs until recently - not
sure of my facts, but I'll check it out.  We've chosen fairly recent
('standards compliant') versions of browsers as our base - to encourage
bon usage, but we have mechanisms for pointing out these kinds of
discrepancies.

RI

Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info: http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

http://www.w3.org/International/
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/

See the W3C Internationalization FAQ page
http://www.w3.org/International/questions.html

   http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/charset.html#h-5.3