Re: including ruby in an xhtml 1 transitional doc

On Friday, July 12, 2002, 3:04:32 PM, Chris wrote:

CC> Hi

CC> On Thu 11-Jul-2002 at 02:53:08PM -0400, Tex Texin wrote:
>>
>> When I change from text/html to application/xhtml+xml and the like, IE
>> no longer simply opens the page, but instead gives me a choice for
>> downloading or opening.
>>
>> Is there a way to avoid this and have the page treated as a directly
>> browsable page?

CC> Not with current versions of IE -- they don't support
CC> application/xhtml+xml.

That is correct - they do not support XHTML and thus, they do not know
what to do with its MIME type.

text/html is only suitable if you are happy to have your XHTML
processed in a non-XHTML processor (which will not parse it correctly,
will not provide an XML DOM, and so on but may or may not display
something that users can see).