RE: UTF-8 problem with Japanese characters

Firstly I should point out I don't speak or read Japanese.

However it is my understanding that although utf-8 doesn't support all
Japanese characters, the few that it doesn't support are extremely rare.
So this is highly unlikely to be a problem unless you are dealing with
historical documents.

Most Japanese web sites are encoded with shift_jis. I am told that this
is the safest encoding to use for Japanese on the web at present. Our
site is currently in utf-8 and is working fine.

--
Eric Jarvis
webmaster@befrienders.org