RE: WE8DEC

I would be 98% certain that WE8DEC is the old DEC MCS. Someone from Oracle
coud give you 100%. DEC MCS was a precursor to 8859/1. It was developed in
1982 and introduced on the Rainbow and Profession PCs and also the VT200
series terminals. It was almost a subset of 8859/1, the latter filled in 15
spoaces reserved for future standardization and replaced 5 low use
characters.

Tim - ex I18N guy at DEC.