Re: locales

Andrea,
I guess I don't understand why you don't care with the examples you
gave.

If you send me a file and tell me you created it with locale ko_KR (or
it is saved with that information) and then I used the same application
on another platform to read the file, and I parse the date incorrectly,
that's a problem.
Users don't switch platforms but the data does...

You could argue that the data should be sent in a locale-independent
format, or that locale shouldn't be used to describe date formats in
documents, just user preferences, but that is why I think we should
discuss the scope of locale...

tex