Re: valid locales ---> was Re: bilingual websites

Martin,

You mean I can't just grouse and take potshots from the sidelines? ;-)

Well, I have not seen an alternative proposed and I don't have one at
the ready, but I don't mind taking a shot at improving the current
situation. However, I am crunching now thru the end of the year, so I
will give it a go in the new year.
In the meantime, I would be happy to collect both suggestions for
requirements and suggestions for solutions on this list or privately.

The new year should be interesting, as the switch to the new Euro
currency will demonstrate some of the chaos with locales.

tex