Re: Localized Web Advertising & IP tracking (was Re: bilingual websites)

I dial into my company network from all over the world. No matter which
contintent I am on, my IP address will look to have the same location.
Interestingly, we are headquartered in Bedford, MA and networldmap
thinks we are in Nashua NH.
My guess is one of our Nashua employees added the info to networld map,
either first or most recently, hence the determination that, that is
where I am from.

Also, I think to the outside world all of our employees seem to have the
same IP address.
tex

David Gallardo wrote:

> IP addresses are assigned in a pretty consistent
> manner with respect to geography. See:
> http://www.networldmap.com
>
> @D

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655