RE: International business communications and Unicode

-----Original Message-----
From: www-international-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-international-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Andrew
Cunningham
Sent: 23 August 2001 14:00
To: John Cowan
Cc: Andrew Cunningham; Thierry Sourbier; www-international@w3.org
Subject: Re: International business communications and Unicode

> Quoting John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>:
>

> > <plug>Linux does quite a bit better, BTW.</plug>
> >

> my personal hope is that linux will evolve in a way that will
break
> our current reliance on microosft for multilingual computing.

as somebody trying to run a site in 15 languages (and growing)...it
is my fervent hope that whatever evolves will stick to a single
globally applied standard...I don't care who provides it...I would
like to be able to know that a single form of character encoding
will work for any language AND will be able to be read by all users
with their standard set up

it seems to be a long way off

--
Eric Jarvis