Re: UTF-16 and MIME text/*

* John Cowan wrote:
> [...]

I'm sorry, maybe I need some more spoon-feeding on this...

># The canonical form of any MIME "text" subtype MUST always represent a
># line break as a CRLF sequence.  Similarly, any occurrence of CRLF in
># MIME "text" MUST represent a line break.  Use of CR and LF outside of
># line break sequences is also forbidden.
>#
># This rule applies regardless of format or character set or sets
># involved.

If you consider 0x00 0x0d 0x00 0x0a or 0x0d 0x00 0x0a 0x00 in the UTF-16
data, then this paragraph applies, since it refers to the _decoded_ form
of the data; RFC 2046 doesn't make restrictions on the encoded
form of the data. What do I miss?

>CR and LF here refer to the *octets* 0xD and 0xA respectively, as
>explained in section 4.1.2, not to the characters.

This sections deals with the Charset Parameter and deals with US-ASCII
but I can't read such a statement and I'm not sure if it would apply if
there were.