Re: Free C implementation of form C

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>>    Is there any free and tiny ANSI C implementation of Unicode
>> Normalization Form C out there? I want to implement the Early
>> Uniform Normalization as in [1] in HTML Tidy [2] and such an
>> implementation would be very helpful. It should be based on
>> Unicode 3.0. It should come free-standing with optimised
>> Unicode data and hopefully act on either int[] or char*s UTF-8
>> encoded.
>
>I am not aware of one, but you could try taking a look at Charlie [1] if
>you can read Perl and write C. Not sure which of those two tasks is the
>more difficult ;-)

I'm actually aware of charlint and I'm happy to replace it with
Unicode::Normalize, that has just entered CPAN and will AFAICS
included in Perl 5.8.0 :-) It's small, fast and simple, compared
to Charlint (especially because it uses optimised Unicode data
coming with Perl and does nothing but normalization as opposed
to charlint)

Thanks anyway :-)