RE: International Internet Icons

Proliferation of "meaningful" icons is like re-inventing CHINESE writing
system over again.

Every time I try a new Java IDT tool, I have to learn a bunch of new
"ideograph", and that is not talking about the time Intergraph introduced
800 icons in their CAD system GUI... Now I am going for a trip back to
Europe, and even though I only live in US for some 15 years, I am sure I
will NOT comprehend some of the symbols in the airports... Pretty much like
when I arrived to US, the yellow "file folder" was an unknown thing for me.

CHINESE spent several thousand years evolving their ideographs to their
current  "abstract" form, and we are just starting that process again...