Re: Recasting

Hi George, thanks for your comments.

Some questions for you and anyone else who can help clarify this for me:

Is the initial communication between client and servers at all similar to
transparent content negotiation for language selection?

There has to be some way for the server to detect what sort of device is
making the request, so I'm assuming that processing has to be in place to
deal with that detection and to select the proper style sheet to use. I am
wondering what that detection process is called, and how similar it is to
TCN.

Regarding style sheets themselves, would they tend to be XSL rather than
HTML, or is a combination of the two approaches still used?

If I were to view the source of a site that supports multiple
device/displays, would I be able to see the sections defining other devices
than the one I am on, or would I only see the information appropriate to my
display? Is what I can view dependent on how the stuff was written, or is it
always done the same way?

Can anyone refer me to a site which supports multiple device types?

Thanks to all for your clarification.

Suzanne