RE: Discussions on www-i18n-workshop@w3.org

Hi Misha,

As non-member working for a non-member companies
(freelance contracting currently) I am not sure how to
contribute directly, but I am willing.

I guess the best I can do is keep my locales group
running, and as results are now becoming visible I can
summarize them and send them in. The first one was the
workshop proposal Suzanne had with her. And there are
plenty other W3C members there as well.

Suzanne suggested I become the caretaker, but as
non-member and not-sponsered I would not know how to
fulfill that position.

If you have any ideas what else I can do, let me know.
I am "ecstatic" as well.

Dave
--- Misha.Wolf@reuters.com wrote:

> Now that's the kind of mail I want to see!
>
> Misha Wolf
> W3C I18N WG Chair
>

> On 11/04/2002 18:33:23 "Addison Phillips [wM]"
> wrote:
> > Hi Misha,
> >
> > I probably wasn't clear before, but I would be
> *ecstatic* to invest time into
> > the areas I proposed on this list, even
> significant amounts of time. I am an
> > employee of webMethods, a member of W3C, and have
> offered to forward the
> > appropriate credentials at an appropriate time to
> join the IG or WG.
> >
> > I am specifically interested in working on only a
> few things because like many
> > of us I am busy with a lot of other things. To
> reiterate, I would like to work
> > on:
> >
> > 1. A definition for the creation and interchange
> locale tags, including custom
> > locale tags, for use on the web and in XML.
> > 2. Locale negotiation in web services (generally
> SOAP and WSDL).
> > 3. Language negotation in web services (generally
> SOAP and WSDL).
> > 4. Locale tagging of content in XML.
> > 5. Locale negotation in HTTP.
> >
> > I actually think that the above could be dealt
> with in about three RFCs, which
> > I would be willing to write the initial draft of
> and work on with others under
> > the aegis of W3C-I18N. This work would then need
> to be combined with work done
> > with other groups working on the affected broader
> standards (#2 and #3, for
> > example, might need to take the results of #1 and
> work within the context of
> > the web services standards WG).
> >
> > Let me know how to proceed.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Addison
> >
> > Addison P. Phillips
> > Globalization Architect / Manager, Globalization
> Engineering
> > webMethods, Inc.  432 Lakeside Drive, Sunnyvale,
> CA
> > +1 408.962.5487 (phone)  +1 408.210.3659 (mobile)
> > Internationalization is an architecture. It is not
> a feature.

=====
Dave Possin
Globalization Engineer