Re: qa-no-language needs update

--On Monday, February 09, 2015 14:07 +0000 Richard Ishida
<ishida@w3.org> wrote:

> I have prepared a new version of the article at
>

> http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-no-language-alt
>

> If i hear no objections or other feedback, I'll switch the new
> version with the old one after our i18n teleconference on
> Thursday, and tag the translations as out of date.

Richard, I've taken a look through this and, given another
controversy that is now going on, I suggest that the first
sentence of the last paragraph of the first question be modified
to read either:

	"Suppose you have some text that is not in any language,
	such as type samples, part numbers, illustrations of
	binary data, context-free identifiers, etc.? How would
	you say that this was in no language in particular?"

or

	"Suppose you have some text that is not in any language,
	for example identifiers such as type samples, part
	numbers, or domain names, illustrations of binary data,
	etc.? How would you say that this was in no language in
	particular?"

Note that this implies a small conundrum, which is whether it is
necessary to mark _every_ domain name or label that appears in
running text with "zxx".   The DNS and IDNA specs and assorted
recent discussions suggest that the answer might well be "yes".

(editorial: I'm not sure whether the "?" after "etc." is needed
--at least one style manual recommends removing the period and
writing "etc?"-- but, if it is not, "How" should not be
capitalized.)

    john