RE: Reply to "[Comment on ITS WD] Attributes missing?"

Hi Richard, all,

Sorry for the late reply to your comment. Here is another version of the
ITS markup overview. Do you think it
implements your concern? See
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#its-markup-summary
.

Regards, Felix.

Richard wrote:

I think the edited text doesn't reflect what I was expecting, after our
discussions.

The current text now lists elements that can appear locally along with a
sublist of the attributes that each element supports.

The request as I understood it was to list, in addition to the elements that
can appear locally, the attributes that can appear locally on any element
etc. )

I think you have that list (repeated 5 times over) already in the text.

I would suggest you have a single set of bullet points that includes the
names of elements and also the attributes. Eg.

-	<span> ....
-	<rb> ....
-	<ruby> ...
-	translate ....
-	locNote ...
-	locNoteType ...

and mention briefly that the elements mentioned can carry all the attributes
listed themselves.

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead