Re: Comments on Charmod PR publications

Hello Bjoern,

Many thanks for your proposals. Unfortunately, at least I personally
disagree with your text proposals, in particular with the idea to
remove any mention of iso-8859-1.

It is just the mention of iso-8859-1 that is crucial in this context,
as it was most often misused. People put up a page in an arbitrary
8-bit encoding, labeled it as iso-8859-1, and constructed a font that
made things look right. So using iso-8859-1 was explicitly part of
the misuse, and trying to avoid mentioning it just obscures the issue.

If you have any ideas of how to express things with mentioning
iso-8859-1 (and again, not being overly complicated), that would
be appreciated.

Regards,    Martin.