RE: [i18n-html-tech] Some editorial comments

At 12:41 04/02/25 +0000, Richard Ishida wrote:

> > No ampersands!
> >
> >   Headings like "Document structure & metadata" look odd, use "and"
> >   unless you really refer to the & character (like in XML character
> >   references).
>
>As a native speaker it doesn't look odd to me, and it makes for faster
>reading, so I'm not convinced on this one.

As a non-native speaker, I think "and" is definitely better.
I don't buy the 'faster reading' at all. But it may be slower
reading for people not very familiar with English. "&" is an
abbreviation, and I don't think abbreviations are a good thing
in a title.

Regards,   Martin.