Re: About the Chinese character U+233B4 in the example of Section 3.4

Hello Collin,

Many thanks for your comment, and for your careful reading of
the Character Model document.

I think the Chinese character for 'no' that you mean is U+4E0D.
This is a very frequent character, and would not be put off to
the second plane. Character U+233B4, on the other hand, is a
very rare character. The two characters look almost identical,
but you might notice that the 'no' character is printed with
the third stroke starting below the first stroke, and the forth
stroke turning downwards and being dot-shaped, while for the
'stump of tree' character, the third stroke starts at the
first stroke, and the fourth stroke turns to the right and
gets wider with a straight end. Of course, in many cases
such differences don't matter, but sometimes they do.

I hope this answer is sufficient for you. If you have a
better idea for a character from the 2nd plane of Unicode/
ISO 10646, please let us know.

Regards,    Martin.