Re: XHTML Invalidity / WML2 / New XHTML 1.1 Attribute

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 11:05 AM Sean B. Palmer <sean@miscoranda.com> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Twenty years ago on www-html you taught me how to extend
> HTML according to the current state of the art. I thought
> it would be fun to review the situation twenty years on.

Wow... that's quite the article.

If we split the difference and look at about 10 years on, my thinking is
pretty well represented by a keynote I gave:

Changes in the Languages of the Web
<https://www.w3.org/2009/Talks/02wdn/slides#(1)>
contemporary write-up: Changes in the Languages of the Web with Dan
Connolly - DZone Web Dev
<https://dzone.com/articles/changes-languages-web-dan>

I'm still interested in web logic, but JavaScript, among other things,
shows me/us that we should be looking at *effective* logics, i.e.
programming languages. I haven't managed to write that up...

More recently, I have to admit dabbling in this blockchain stuff. But
mostly because it allows me to pursue a long-time interest: smart contracts
and capability security.

My Capability Security 2017 Wish-List
<https://www.madmode.com/2017/ocap-wish-list.html> | 2017-01-02 | security
<https://www.madmode.com/search/label/security/> | capabilities
<https://www.madmode.com/search/label/capabilities/> | programming
<https://www.madmode.com/search/label/programming/> | javascript
<https://www.madmode.com/search/label/javascript/> | rust
<https://www.madmode.com/search/label/rust/>

*Computers are getting faster, smaller, more connected, and more capable,
but when it comes to security, everything is broken. Along...*

That brings me to a talk that has some of my current thinking:

The Web Is Under Threat; Can RChain Answer?
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1GOboFZj311rfGExrtCFp3aaQ2vYhxHqX3qnix21nqo4/edit>
 (video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnBbi6ifzdo&t=849s>). in Smart
Contracts for Health Research Data Sharing
<https://www.madmode.com/2018/boulder-bos.html> | 2018-07-12

More recently, we have RChain Blues
<https://www.madmode.com/2019/rchain-blues.html>, so I'm not holding my
breath about that question.

Meanwhile...

Toward secure distributed computing with Agoric at SFBW '19
<https://www.madmode.com/2019/agoric-xs-sfbw.html> | 2019-11-03 |
smart-contracts <https://www.madmode.com/search/label/smart-contracts/> |
embedded <https://www.madmode.com/search/label/embedded/> | javascript
<https://www.madmode.com/search/label/javascript/> | capabilities