Re: html5 input speech x-webkit -speech

"x-something" means that it's a vendor-specific attribute (one of the
browser vendors, in this case Google, using WebKit, created it, not
the W3C).

I think there have been some proposed standards for speech input, but
I'm not sure how x-webkit-speech relates to them (mayboe someone else
knows that).

The best place to ask about x-webkit-speech would probably be the
Chromium bug tracker (<http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/list>)
or the chromium-dev group
(<http://groups.google.com/group/chromium-dev>).