Re: Missing Functionality: Include

When using frames the URL in the browser address bar will not change when
you navigate around the site. Therefore a specific page cannot be identified
by the URL. So using frames would probably not be a good idea.

Then, of course, you have iframes. But with an iframe you restrict the
content of the included page to a specific area - that is not to keep layout
and structure separated.

You also refer to a solution using the object element, though, it would need
some scripting. It *should* be possible to include a page without.

All the possible solutions, you refer to, are certainly usable, but when you
think about it: Who uses them? Doesn't everybody use a server-side feature
for the thing instead? There is probably an explanation to that.

Anyway, wouldn't you be able to include a page using the HTML 5 embed tag (I
ask because I do not know)?
----
Molte