Re: XHTML Basic 1.1 and setting input field to numeric mode

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> So it seems to me you either need to:
>
> 1. Make the case that XHTML2 is not a natural migration target, or at
> least that there are other natural migration targets which are likely to
> include the "style" attribute or something very similar.
>
> /or/
>
> 2. Make the case against removing the "style" attribute from any (X)HTML
> standard. None of your arguments seem specific to XHTML 1.1 Basic anyway.

I guess another line of argument would be:

3. That migrating from markup with the "style" attribute to markup
without the "style" attribute will prove trivial. (You could look at how
HTML Tidy pulls "style" attribute CSS into a "style" element, for example.)

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis