Re: tables in html? (separating content bla bla)

Livio Mondini wrote:
> type of table: data_table and, if necessary and yes is necessary,
> layout_table.

Any long term solution to the problems that people are currently
addressing with layout tables belongs in the style language, not HTML.
That may mean that something other than the current CSS box model is
needed, but it should be done within the style sheet, not the HTML.

> In another life, maybe, clarify structure concept and definition.
> example: <http://www.tiuvizeta.it/abstract_document.jpg>

Please limit screen shots to the actual window (I think that is
alt-PrtScn in Windows), and use an appropriate (i.e. lossless)
compression scheme.  (I'd estimate that this image takes 5 to 10 times
as many bytes as it needs to.  At least it wasn't attached.)

> What is structure? titolo1 or h1?

I'm not sure what the question is, but "structure" generally means
identifying that "titolo1" is a heading and that it is a first level
heading, so the answer is probably "h1".  Note that XHTML 2.0 proposes
the use of section elements that nest with the actual document
hierarchy, so better reflect the overall document structure, and also a
heading (h, I think) element that identifies an heading of the
appropriate level for the depth of nesting.

Separating content and presentation means using style sheets to indicate
how h1 headers should appear, and, in particular, not simulating h1
headers by using <p><bold><font.....

--
David Woolley