Re: META is www-html obsolete?

Hi Melinda, Jim,

If you have further questions about Patent Policy I would prefer you
ask the right mailing list :) where you will get better answers than
mine.

     As of July 2006, the W3C Patents and
     Standards Interest Group reviews proposed
     FAQ entries. Please send questions or
     comments on the W3C Patent Policy or this
     document to the Patent and Standards
     Interest Group public mailing list
     www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
     (archive).
     -- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the W3C Patent Policy
     http://www.w3.org/2003/12/22-pp-faq.html#participant
     Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:33:06 GMT

Grant, Melinda (27 oct. 2007 - 03:43) :
> You said:
>> The list is publicly visible, you can't join without agreeing
>> to the Royalty Free policy.
> As a representative of a member organization, isn't this a fait
> accompli?

No.
The Patent Policy applies only when you are participating to a WG.
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/

You can find a lot of information in  Frequently Asked Questions
(FAQ) about the W3C Patent Policy
http://www.w3.org/2003/12/22-pp-faq.html

Jim Jewett (27 oct. 2007 - 03:43) :
> Would it be possible for someone to join as an individual, even if he
> or she were also employed at BigCorp?  (The number of people with
> personal email accounts is probably far larger than the number of
> people with the authority to sign for their employer.)

See this FAQ entry. If someone does apply knowing that he/she is part
of a w3c Member, then he/she violates part of the agreement when
joining the WG.
http://www.w3.org/2003/12/22-pp-faq.html#employee-invexp

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***