Re: code, samp, kbd, var

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2007, Ian Hickson wrote:
>> The pages I scanned for this study are a small subset of those Google knows about.
>
> So even if you drew a sample from Google database, which you probably didn't,

Hixie works for Google, and has access to the database for such
research.  Why would he claim he did, if he didn't?

> it would not a sample of web pages.

If you don't consider a large sample from one of the largest indexes of
web pages in the world, please explain precisely what would constitute a
valid sample and how one would obtain it?

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/