Re: Getting beyond the ping pong match (was RE: Cleaning House)

Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Personally I think this was a very poor decision. The problem is that
> you have user names and standard names mixed in the same namespace. So
> there's a big risk that the user accidentally ends up marking semantic
> meaning to their elements simply by wanting to style them.
>
> The only thing that can be done to help this problem (other than by
> using the role attribute) is to use really obscure names for predefined
> classes, which doesn't seem like a great idea either.

Or have a known prefix, currently unused (either because the standard
doesn't allow one of the characters, or by general practice). It's
potentially a little ugly, but it allows the rest of the name to be
meaningful.

One possible suitable prefix would be the underscore _.

Gerv