Re: Cleaning House

Jeff Cutsinger wrote:
> users, a computer is a tool. They don't care about "semantics v.
> presentational markup", they care about getting that timeliness report
> done yesterday and looking great for their boss. I'm thinking of some

That seems to have a lot to say about he quality of modern business
managers, if they are having people write reports about which they don't
have time to think, and then make judgments on how pretty they look,
rather than what information they contain.

> b) Your example works fine until the semantic markup gets embedded into
> a document with a different stylesheet that is out of their control.

Semantic markup really shows its benefits in this case as, when standard
semantic elements are used, it automatically adapts to the new house
style, and when custom ones are used, a few extra style rules can adapt
the document without breaking existing content.  Generally people
including content from other people want to retain the semantic
integrity, rather than the presentational integrity.