Re: Support Existing Content

Tina,

This thread may have confused with anther one because of the use of
some analogies.  The point I was trying to make was that I don't think
I agree with draconian error handling in the context of the public
web.  I was not discussing semantics of the HTML language here, though
I have been trying to watch that thread also.

The idea of playfully attacking your grammar was only to show that
none of us are perfect - forcing draconian error handling on the
public web (as opposed to best effort processing of non-conforming
content) will probably prevent people from communicating on the web as
effectively as they do today.

>  Feel free to snip at my grammar instead of addressing the point.

Tina, that was EXACTLY my point, actually!  If I had ignored your
grammar error it would have made communication better in this
instance.  Because I failed to get past your grammar error, you became
frustrated.

Again, my points were only in the context of draconian error handling
and best effort processing of older/nonconformant content.  I was not
addressing adding new/better semantic markup.

Jeff