Re: Accessibility is for everyone (was : Use of headers and summary attributes )

---- "Philip Taylor (Webmaster)" <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:

> At 60 years of age, my vision is not what it once was.
> I am, in comparison to my younger peers, "partially sighted".
> So if you were to re-cast your text (above) as "Blind and
> partially sighted people", "THEM" would become "US", and
> those who dismiss accessibility as only marginally relevant
> might suddenly come to realise that what is accessible to
> them today may become inaccessible tomorrow.  So let's agree
> (if we can) to do away with this "THEM"/"US" divide, and
> agree that accessibility is important to EVERYONE.  Please ?

Well, Philip (et al), I am 78 years of age and Web Content Accessibility has taken on a new meaning for me in recent years as my sight and manipulative abilities diminish - as you can see from my web pages.

James
--
Pickering Pages
http://jp29.org/