Re: Cleaning House

Quoting Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>:

> On Fri, 04 May 2007 11:00:22 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU> wrote:
>>> I dislike the practically non-existent distinction between <em>
>>> and <strong>
>>
>> Yup.
>
> Note that the current WHATWG HTML5 proposal defines <strong> as
> denoting importance and <em> as denoting emphasis. For "strong
> emphasis" you would use nested <em> elements.

The difference being...what exactly? In other words: when do you want
to emphasise something that is not important, or conversely if
something is important, wouldn't it also be emphasised? Or is this to
allow for marking something up as important, but without any
distinction in how it's presented?

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/