RE: Cleaning House

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:
>Jeff Cutsinger wrote:
> > Show me an example of a popular WYSIWYG editor that does this.
>
>We're designing an HTML dialect for tomorrow, not for today.
>Forget what current editors do : think about what tomorrow's
>editors /could/ and /should/ do.

I don't believe it is our (HTML WG) business to force authors to think differently about how they write content.

Microsoft Word has stylesheets; it also has a bold button and font face/size controls.  I use them both.  If Word removed the bold button, et al, I would go find another editor.

"Should" is a dangerous word.

-C