Re: Cleaning House

On Thu, 03 May 2007 07:06:43 +0200, Lee Roberts
<lee_roberts@roserockdesign.com> wrote:
> So, you think we should throw our hands in the air, give up and support
> the same old stuff that has been around for years with no value?
> Deprecated
> does mean it isn't accepted and shouldn't be used.

Agreed and it will still mean that. In fact, HTML5 will drop the offending
features making them entirely non-conforming.

However, breaking backwards compatibility is only possible when we
introduce a new format as explained on this list before (and that's not
the goal of the HTML WG). Hence, we have to make user agent requirements
that require support for the features we rather see people not using.
(Those features can still be non-conforming, obviously.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>