Re: abbr and acronym

In the conclusion of the document [1], it is stated that
> The specification for XHTML 2.0, WCAG 2.0
> and other relevant specifications, should specify
> that ABBR and similar tags are for machines only
> and that plain text is the only usable and accessible
> solution when abbreviations need to be expanded
> for end users directly.

I'm not sure this is true, since a website author can put the following
CSS in his/her stylesheet
> abbr:after, acronym:after
> { content: " (" attr(title) ")" }
and make his text show the expanded abbreviation within parentheses
without having to put it explicitly aside from the <abbr> or <acronym>'s
title attribute.

Patrick H. wrote:
> All acronyms are just a subset of abbreviations,
> so there's no need for an extra element.
I agree with that.

[1] http://www.smackthemouse.com/20040108#h2-11

--
Yahia