Re: XHTML2.0 - transclusion

Jakub Dabrowski wrote:

> 1. Document Header.
> Author of the document must explicitly allow translclusion of his
> work.

Why? Isn't this what intellectual property law is for?

> 3. Transclusion
> Possible for whole (allowed by author) document with <object> tag or
> for its parts also with object tag with some parameters.
> "type" stands for the way contnt should be rendered: text, xhtml,
> html, etc...

But what specifications should be followed to transform content between
wildly different media types?

> 3.1 Proposal 1
> <!-- remote document.html -->
>
> <!-- document with translusion-->
> <object src="www.remoteserver.com/document.html"
> srctype="application/html+xml" type="plain" transid="myid1">
> <em>cannot get content from remote server</em>
> </object>

I assume you meant "application/xhtml+xml" and "text/plain"?

What about replacing transid with:
src="http://www.remoteserver.com/document.html#myid1"?

> But one <object> cannot transclude another for deadlock prevention.

So what should happen when some <object/> /does/ transclude content
containing another <object/>? Should the entire transclusion be
cancelled?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis