Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 11:22:02AM +0300, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> >  Unless I am very much mistaken, the URI you reference is not titled
> >  "HTML 5" but rather "Web Applications 1.0",
>
> HTML5 consists of the Web Applications 1.0 and the Web Forms 2.0
> specs. The latter will be integrated into the former in due course.

  Don't you mean that "HTML5 may, in the future, consist of ... "?

> >  and lack W3C, ISO or ECMA credentials.
>
> http://diveintomark.org/archives/2006/08/23/overton-window

  It /still/ lacks the credentials of a standarization organization,
  and I am rather tempted to point you to

     http://europa.eu/geninfo/accessibility_policy_en.htm

  in return. The fact that the W3C has made haggish out of WCAG 2
  does /not/ mean it is a remotely good idea to create a parallell
  "standards" organization with no official backing.

  However, anyone is of course free to do so. The WHATWG has a
  proposal which may just be the basis for a new HTML5 - fine.

  Until it is, I repeat my caution: don't implement things that
  may, or may not, be either a good idea /or/ a standard. We
  have, as it were, "... far to go before I [we] sleep".

--
 - Tina Holmboe