Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2007, at 16:52, David Woolley wrote:
>

> I see no mention of "src" in the parsing section. Perhaps you are
> confusing the conformance requirements on the DOM shapes with the

I'm referring to:
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-scripting0.html#script1

>> I think that either the script start tules need to change to special
>> case <script src=....,
>
> The spec needs to reflect what browsers already do here.

The claim on the lynx-dev list was that a real problem was being caused
because, unamed popular browsers were treating <script src=.... /> as
empty, whereas Lynx was eating the following code in CDATA mode.  Their
not born out by the HTML5 lexical rules, and would be an undesirable of
XHTML behaviour into HTML.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2007-04/msg00019.html