Re: [XBL Primer] new scenarios

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Not any more.  Although it's note quite complete, HTML5 is defining the
> parsing requirements of HTML on the web.

And a horrible set of ad hoc rules it is. It's basically a proper tree
type grammar with a set of error recovery rules for producing a
renderable tree from almost every invalid input.

Maybe what I should have offered is three categories:

- tag soup;
- HTML5 with *no* parse errors;
- SGML based.

I'm assuming that HTML5 *with* parse errors can produce all the
productions allowed by tag soup.  In a quick scan, I couldn't tell what,
if any difference there is between HTML5 without parse errors and SGML
based.  In any case, it seems to be quite close to SGML based.