Re: [XHTML1.1] Error in Conformance Definition document?

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 10:33:23 +0200, David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
wrote:

>> If you are making a simple web page do you really want the user to be
>> setting MIME type of "application/xhtml+xml"?
>
> If a user was "writing a simple page" I wouldn't want to see them
> using XHTML at all.

Exactly. That's the big "WTF" in all of this; that authors who needs
nothing more than what is provided in HTML 4.01 implements XHTML and for
some reason thinks that their websites are better, more accessible, easier
to parse, friendlier to Googlebot and whatnot just because of the use of
another syntax.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/